Gather Your Documentation
- Identification, such as driver’s license, birth certificate or passport.
- Current lease agreement (copy of executed lease inclusive of lessee name(s), payment terms, lease term, and signatures of lessee and lessor) or other proof of rental arrangements, such as receipts, bank records or canceled checks that show a pattern of rent payments.
- Documentation of annual income, such as 2020 tax filings, a W-2 or 1099 from your employer, or other proof of income; or documentation of monthly income, such as pay stubs, bank statements, income certification for housing subsidy, or other proof of income.
- If you qualify for SNAP, TANF, Medicaid, subsidized housing or low-income housing, proof of eligibility documents.
- Documentation of unemployment benefits or proof of reduction in household income or proof of increased costs (medical expenses, child care, transportation) due to the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency.
- Notice of past due rent, lease termination or eviction, or condemnation order or failed inspection report from local government.
Eligible tenants and landlords can apply online HERE.
The online portal is the most efficient way for applicants to supply documentation, receive verification and obtain relief.
Unable to access the online portal?
OUR Florida’s call center representatives will be able to assist you in completing your application via phone.
Await Your Application Status
Landlords or tenants will submit an application online at www.OURFlorida.com. A landlord may help a tenant complete the application, but the tenant must sign it. OUR Florida staff will review the information submitted to determine if any additional information is required and verify the information. If the applicant is determined eligible for relief, the payment will be calculated. Once completed, the applicant will receive notification of eligibility, and payments will be made directly to the business, landlord and/or utility provider.